Peugeot EVSE Portable Charging Cable. Variable Amp - 6A, 8A, 10A - UK 3 Pin Plug. Type 1
Type 1 Peugeot EVSE Portable Charger Variable 6 amps, 8 amps and 10 amps
Charge your Type 1 Peugeot EV at your home or office by with a Type G BS 1363 3 pin plug. Our Type 1 portable chargers (also known as a granny charger, mobile charging cable) includes a variable charging current to enable charging of your electric or hybrid vehicle at either 6 amps, 8 amps or 10 amps for faster or slower 'trickle' charging. These portable chargers are backed by a 1 year warranty.
You should only charge at the full capacity that the charger is capable of dependent upon the suitability of the power outlet, otherwise it may present a risk of thermal damage to your socket. Please ensure that your socket has been checked by a qualified electrician to assess the suitability of charging your vehicle using a mains socket and is protected against causes of overheating. For mains socket charging we recommend a dedicated Type B RCBO socket. Please ensure that the device is plugged directly and fully into the socket, do not use an extension lead with this device. Please note that this portable charger is not manufactured by Peugeot. these Type 1 portable chargers are compatible with Type 1 electric vehicles and hybrids, but we always recommend checking your vehicle handbook to ensure that your car does not require a specific portable charger.
Multiple safeguards are built in with this Peugeot home charger to ensure that both your electric vehicle and domestic socket is protected while charging:
- PCB Temperature Sensor
- Overheating Protection
- Leakage Protection
- Overcurrent Protection
- Overvoltage Protection
- Undervoltage Protection
- Lightning Protection
- Waterproof IP55
This Peugeot portable charger complies with the IEC 61851 standard for charging the Type 1 socket range of electric vehicles. It is the 3 pin UK plug version, so it can be used with a 3 pin 13A mains socket and in any country that supports the Type G 3 pin plug.
What is the benefit of variable charging?
Most 3 pin charging cables only charge at a fixed current of 10A. These adjustable Amp charging cables function more like a charging station in that the vehicle and charger can both adjust the current if trickle charging is required, for example. The lower Amp setting of 6A is also suitable for solar powered charging. The adjustable Amp mobile charging cables will stop charging the battery of your electric vehicle once it has reached full charge, or the vehicle may reduce the power to enable trickle charging once the battery has reached 80% charge for example.
The length it will take to recharge the battery for your Peugeot hybrid / electric vehicle will depend on the battery that your Peugeot is equipped with, which will impact on the suitability of the setting that you should use.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your vehicle. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable to your vehicle.
- Make sure that the length of the cable is sufficient to reach the charging socket of your vehicle. We recommend allowing at least half a metre so that the cable is not overstretched.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a 3 pin charging cable.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
How to use the variable EV charger
Please read the user and safety instructions included with this charger before using it. If you do not receive this information, please contact us. Plug the device into into the power outlet and switch on. The required ampere setting can be selected by touching the device with the supplied RFID tag or by double clicking the button icon. Select the ampere setting to match the Ampage of your power outlet. Connect the vehicle charging plug to your Peugeot. After 1 minute or once you plug the EV connector into the car, the setting is 'locked in' and will be remembered the next time you use it. To change the setting, repeat the above procedure. Your vehicle software will communicate with the device and only draw the maximum amount of power that the battery can accept.
If you would like a Mode 3 charger that connects from a charging station to your EV, browse our range of Type 1 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|Peugeot EVSE Portable Charger Specifications|
|EV charger type||3-pin plug to Type 1 (SAE J1772) connectors|
|Cable lengths available||5M, 8M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP55 grade|
|Rated current||6 amps, 8 amps and 10 amps|
|Operating voltage||110 - 240v|
|Cable thickness||3G 2.5mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
Which Cable For My EV?
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables -
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +