DS 3 Pin Charging Cable / Mains charger 10A UK Plug - Type 2 Plug
Type 2 Plug (62196-2) DS 3 Pin Portable Charger 10 Amp
Type 2 DS compatible portable charger that will charge your DS PHEV/BEV at your home or office using a 3 pin UK plug. Our DS portable chargers (also known as a mobile charging cable or granny cable) are suitable for charging your DS electric vehicle / hybrid / PHEV anywhere there is a Type G 3 pin UK socket. Connect the Type 2 (also known as Mennekes) plug into your DS electric vehicle for 10 amp charging. These DS home chargers are backed by a 1 year warranty. Should you need the Type 1 version of this portable charger then please go to our Type 1 home charger with 3 pin Type G (UK) plug. To view all of our DS charging cables please visit our DS chargers page.
To date, our portable chargers can be used with the following DS plug-in vehicles. This list is continually updated so please check your handbook, check that your vehicle socket matches the images above, or contact us if your electric vehicle is not listed:
DS 3 Crossback E-Tense, DS 7 Crossback E-Tense, DS 9 E-Tense
The Duosida portable charger has been available on the market since 2012. The charger.has several safeguards for added protection while charging:
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Device PCB Overheat Protection.
- Lightning Protection.
- Overcurrent Protection
- Water Resistant.
- Earth Fault Protection
The 3 pin charging cable can be used in any country that supports the 3 pin plug. This portable charger is not manufactured by DS. Please refer to your vehicle handbook for information about charging your vehicle. Charging your DS vehicle using a 3 pin charging cable may cause a high load on the mains circuit if it is shared by other appliances. 3 pin chargers are therefore recommended for occasional use due to the increased risk of thermal damage caused by continuous loads at 10A. If you are looking to use a 13a socket for regular charging, please also see our Type 2 to 3 pin variable amp charging cable as these chargers have additional safety features and the current can be reduced. Please ensure that the socket where you charge your vehicle is checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that the power outlet is suitable for EV charging and is protected against the causes of overheating. We also recommend that you use a dedicated circuit with a Type B RCBO installed by a qualified electrician. Do not plug the charger into an extension cord or adapter. Reasonable care must be taken if the unit is left outside when raining. Please ensure the unit is not left in standing water.
Please read the safety information in the user manual included with this charger before using it. If you do not receive this information, please contact us.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your vehicle. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable to your vehicle.
- Make sure that the length of the cable is sufficient to reach the charging socket of your vehicle. We recommend allowing at least half a metre so that the cable is not overstretched.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a 3 pin charging cable.
- Please check with your manufacturer or dealer to confirm that a Fixed Amp charger is suitable for your vehicle. Your dealer may recommend that your EV needs a charging cable that can adjust the charging current. We stock charging cables that can vary the current if this is the case.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
If you would like a Mode 3 charger that connects from a charging station to your EV, browse our range of Type 2 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|EVSE Portable Charger Specifications|
|EV charger type||3-pin plug to Type 2 (IEC 62196-2) plug|
|Cable lengths available||5M, 8M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP55 grade|
|Rated current||10 amps|
|Operating voltage||110 - 240v|
|Cable thickness||3G 2.5mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
Which Cable For My EV?
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i4 Charging Cables
- BMW i7 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW iX1 Charging Cables
- BMW iX3 Charging Cables
- BMW X1 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables 2021+
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables to 2019
- Citroen C-Zero Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 Aircross Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 X Hybrid Charging Cables
- Citroen Dispatch Charging Cables
- Citroen e-C4 Charging Cables
- Citroen Jumpy Charging Cables
- Citroen SpaceTourer Charging Cables
- DS Charging Cables -
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQE Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQS Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eSprinter Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLA 250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Peugeot 3008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 308 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 508 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Expert Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Rifter Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Traveller Charging Cables
- Peugeot e2008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e208 Charging Cables
- Peugeot Ion Charging Cables
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 1 Socket
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 2 Socket
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +