Volvo Compatible EV Charging Cable. 32A Type 2 to Type 2 For Charging Station / Wall Charger
32A Type 2 Volvo compatible charging cable.
This 1 Phase 32A Type 2 plug to Type 2 plug EV charging cable with secure locking plugs is a compatible Volvo charger that will charge the Type 2 to Type 2 Volvo range of hybrid and electric vehicles.
This cable is a Type 2 charging cable, also known as a Mennekes charger / plug, that will be compatible with home/office charging units and the public charging stations you will find at service stations and on the street, ie Mode 3 charging. Please note that these charging cables cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. These charging cables have a 2 year warranty.
Do I need a 1 Phase 32A EV cable for my Volvo?
The 32 amp EV cables can be used with the following Volvo plug-in vehicles. This list is continually updated so please check your handbook, check that your vehicle socket matches the images above, or contact us if your electric vehicle is not listed:
A 1 Phase 32 amp charger is compatible with all models of Type 2 Volvo electric vehicles, but dependent upon the on-board charger and charge point, it may not be able to provide the advantages of 1 Phase fast charging. If you have a Volvo that has 3.7kw charging capacity then it will only charge to a maximum of 3.7kW. However, purchasing a 32A EV cable will allow you to use the faster charging capability of up to 7.4kw should you be looking to upgrade your EV in the future. If your vehicle has an on board charger that is capable of 11kW AC charging or greater, then a 16A 3 Phase charging cable or 32A 3 Phase charging cable is likely to be more suitable. Our Volvo charging cable is compatible but not manufactured by Volvo, so please check your vehicle handbook to check the suitability of this charging cable for your vehicle.
Can I buy a rapid charging cable?
Rapid charging cables are capable of providing between 25 kW and 350 kW of power. If your electric vehicle has a CCS socket (Type 2 vehicles) or CHAdeMO socket (Type 1 vehicles) then it is capable of rapid charging. These charging cables are predominately available at public charging points and the cables are attached to the charging station, so you will therefore not need to buy a rapid charging cable.
Is this a Mennekes™ charging cable?
The Type 2 EV connector plug was originally proposed by Mennekes leading to the Type 2 plug being widely known as the Mennekes plug. Although this is not a Mennekes branded cable or Mennekes branded plug, the EV connector / plug is the same design type as the one proposed by Mennekes. If your vehicle is a Type 2 to Type 2 then the Type 2 Female plug will fit into the vehicle inlet and the Type 2 male plug into charging station. If your EV is Type 1 to Type 2, the Type 1 Female plug will fit into the vehicle inlet and the Type 2 male plug will fit into the socket of a charging station.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Verify that the charging cable is compatible with your EV. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable plug to your vehicle socket.
- This cable cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. If a charging cable is already connected to a charging point, then this cable cannot be used to extend the length by daisy-chaining them together. The cable can only be used with the open socket of a charging point.
- Make sure that the length of the charging cable is suitable for your charging requirements. If you are using a public charging station, we recommend a length of 5 meters as it is not always possible to park so that the vehicle socket is near side to the charging station. If you are using the cable with a Wall charger at home or at an office, measure the length required to reach the vehicle socket.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a charging cable.
- This charging cable is compatible with AC charging stations commonly found in supermarkets, retail parks, on the street, and wall chargers typically installed outside a home or office. It is not a DC fast charging cable, also known as CCS and CHAdeMO. You do not need to buy a cable to use fast charging stations, as they are already connected to the charging station.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
We recommend the hi-vis colour for your Volvo charger
Due to the charging times required, Mode 3 EV charging cables can become an obstruction when the EV connectors are left between your vehicle and the charge point. Charging at public charge points, on your driveway or even in your garage means that your EV chargers are left as a possible obstacle, especially in the dark. Please be careful if leaving your EV charging cables lying around. High visibility charging cables are recommended to help minimise the risk of accidents.
If you would like a home charger to charge your Volvo EV using a domestic or industrial socket please browse our range of CEE and 3 pin portable EV chargers.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page. We also welcome orders for custom size cables, so if you are looking for custom cable lengths or different colour cables then please get in touch.
|Volvo EV Charging Cable Specifications|
|Volvo charger type||Mode 3, Level 2 charger. Type 2 to Type 2 (62196-2 to 62196-2) single phase EV plug connectors|
|Cable lengths available||3M, 5M, 10M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP44 grade|
|Rated current||32A / 230V - up to 7.4kW (also compatible with 16 amp Volvo EVs)|
|Max charging capacity||7.4kW. Charging cable up to 32A 1 Phase|
|EV cable thickness||3G 6.0mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
Please use the rubber cover for your connectors when not in use and store the charging cable in a dry place. The EV connector plug can collect moisture and it will not work if it senses moisture.
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i4 Charging Cables
- BMW i7 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW iX1 Charging Cables
- BMW iX3 Charging Cables
- BMW X1 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQE Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQS Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eSprinter Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLA 250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +