Type 2 EVSE Portable Charger 10/16/20/24/32 Amp 3 Pin & CEE Plugs
Type 2 EVSE Portable Charger Variable 10, 16, 20, 24, 32 Amp
Type 2 portable charger that will charge your Type 2 electric vehicle using a 230V 3 pin (Type G) plug or a blue 1 Phase 230V 32A CEE / Commando plug. You can also purchase an additional 16A 230V plug so that you have both 16A and 32A CEE 230V plugs. Our portable chargers (also known as a granny charger, mobile charging cable) are supplied with 2 adapters (you can also buy an additional 16A CEE plug) that allow connection to either a 3 pin socket or 32A 3 pin CEE socket, enabling connection to 3 pin, Type G outlets as well as the blue CEE / Commando outlets commonly found in campsites and industrial premises. The portable charger supplies a charge at either 10 amps, 16 amps , 20 amps, 24 amps or 32 amps to enable using the charger with a mains socket (10A, 2.2kW) or a 1 Phase 16A CEE socket (up to 3.7kW) or 32A CEE socket (up to 7.4kW). It is recommended to select the amp setting on the device so that it does not exceed the output power of the outlet. For example, do not set the amp setting to 32A for a 16A power outlet or to 16A for a 13A outlet. The setting has to be 10A when using a mains socket. The 16A to 32A setting can only be used for the corresponding 16A or 32A CEE socket. Please make sure that the outlet is protected by a suitable circuit breaker, otherwise exceeding the power setting may cause thermal damage to the outlet. Please ensure that the device is plugged directly and fully into the socket, do not use an extension lead with this device and ensure that the socket is checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that the power outlet is suitable for charging your vehicle. For mains socket charging we recommend a dedicated Type B RCBO socket. These home chargers are backed by a 1 year warranty.
Multiple safeguards are built in with the mobile charging cable for added protection while charging:
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Undervoltage Protection.
- Lightning Protection.
- Waterproof IP55.
- PCB Temperature Sensor.
- Device PCB Overheat Protection.
- Leakage Protection.
- Overcurrent Protection.
This mobile charging cable can be used in any 3 pin or 230V 16A or 32A CEE / Commando socket (dependent upon the CEE adapter used) and complies with the IEC 61851 standard for charging hybrid and electric vehicles.
What is the benefit of variable charging?
Most portable chargers only charge using one amp setting. This portable charger can change power supply dependent upon the outlet that it is connected to, enabling faster charging up to 32A using a blue 32A CEE socket or 10A using a Type G 3 Pin socket. You can also purchase a 16A 230V plug for the blue 16A CEE sockets. The length it will take to recharge the battery for your EV will depend on the battery that the electric vehicle is equipped with. Using your socket to charge regularly over long durations can cause thermal damage if the socket / wiring is not suitable. The portable chargers will stop charging the battery of your vehicle once it has reached full charge.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your vehicle. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable to your vehicle.
- Make sure that the length of the cable is sufficient to reach the charging socket of your vehicle. We recommend allowing at least half a metre so that the cable is not overstretched.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a 3 pin charging cable.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
How to use the variable EV charger
Please read the user and safety instructions that come with this charger before using it. If you do not receive this information, please contact us. The required current can be selected by shaking the unit, double clicking a button icon, or swiping the supplied RFID. Within the first minute of plugging the portable charger into the Schuko or CEE socket, select a suitable Ampere setting. After 1 minute or once you plug the EV connector end into the vehicle, the setting is 'locked in'. To change the setting, repeat the above procedure. Your vehicle software will communicate with the device and only draw the maximum amount of power that the battery can accept.
If you would like a Level 2 16A or 32A EV charger that connects from a charging station to your EV, browse our range of Type 2 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|3-pin / CEE 1 Phase 230V Portable Charger Specifications|
|Portable EV charger type||3 Pin and 32A 3-pin CEE plug to Type 2 (IEC 62196-2) connectors|
|Cable lengths available||5M, 8M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP55 grade|
|Rated current||10, 16, 20, 24, 32 amps|
|Operating voltage||Up to 250v|
|Cable thickness||3G 6.0mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i4 Charging Cables
- BMW i7 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW iX1 Charging Cables
- BMW iX3 Charging Cables
- BMW X1 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables 2021+
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables to 2019
- Citroen C-Zero Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 Aircross Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 X Hybrid Charging Cables
- Citroen Dispatch Charging Cables
- Citroen e-C4 Charging Cables
- Citroen Jumpy Charging Cables
- Citroen SpaceTourer Charging Cables
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQE Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQS Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eSprinter Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLA 250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Peugeot 3008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 308 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 508 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Expert Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Rifter Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Traveller Charging Cables
- Peugeot e2008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e208 Charging Cables
- Peugeot Ion Charging Cables
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 1 Socket
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 2 Socket
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +