Type 1 EVSE 3 Pin Charging Cable / Mains charger 10A UK Plug
Type 1 Plug (J1772) EVSE 3 Pin Portable Charger 10 Amp
Charge your electric vehicle at your home, office or anywhere that has a 13A 3 pin Type G plug socket (BS 1363) with our type 1 granny cable. Our granny cables (also known as a portable charger or home charger) are compatible with hybrid and electric vehicles, charging at a maximum capacity of 10 amps. Just plug the 3 pin plug into a 13 amp 3 pin socket and plug the Type 1 J1772 charging plug into the socket of your PHEV / BEV. Our home chargers are backed by a 1 year warranty. Should you need the Type 2 version of this home charger then please go to our Type 2 home charger with 3 pin Type G (UK) plug.
This portable charger has several safeguards for added protection while charging:
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Device PCB Overheat Protection.
- Lightning Protection.
- Overcurrent Protection
- Waterproof IP55.
The 3 pin charging cable can be used in any country that supports the 3 pin plug. Please read your manufacturer handbook to check whether you should be using a specific charger with your vehicle. Charging your Type 1 socket vehicle using a 3 pin charging cable causes a high load on the circuit and 3 pin chargers are therefore only recommended for occasional use. Please ensure that the socket is checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that the power outlet is suitable for charging your vehicle and is protected against the causes of overheating. We also recommend that you use a dedicated Type B RCBO socket installed by a qualified electrician. Do not plug the charger into an extension cord or adapter. Please read the user and safety instructions included with this charger before using it. If you do not receive this information, please contact us.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your vehicle. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable to your vehicle.
- Make sure that the length of the cable is sufficient to reach the charging socket of your vehicle. We recommend allowing at least half a metre so that the cable is not overstretched.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a 3 pin charging cable.
- Please check with your manufacturer or dealer to confirm that a Fixed 10A charger is suitable for your vehicle. Your dealer may recommend that your EV needs a charging cable that can adjust the charging current. We stock charging cables that can vary the current between 6A to 10A if this is the case.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
If you would like a Mode 3 charger that connects from a charging station to your EV, browse our range of Type 1 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|EVSE Portable Charger Specifications|
|Portable charger type||3-pin plug to Type 1 (SAE J1772) plug|
|Cable lengths available||5M, 8M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP55 grade|
|Rated current||10 amps|
|Operating voltage||110 - 240v|
|Cable thickness||3G 2.5mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE certified|
This Type 1 to Type 2 charging cable is compatible with the following EV's
|Citroen||Citroen Berlingo, Citroen C-Zero|
|Ford||Ford C-Max, Ford Focus Electric|
|Kia||Kia Soul 2017-2019|
|Mitsubishi||Mitsubishi i-Miev, Mitsubishi Outlander|
|Nissan||Nissan Leaf (Nissan Leaf models manufactured on and before 2017), Nissan NV200|
|Peugeot||Peugeot Ion, Peugeot Partner Van|
|Renault||Renault Fluence, Renault Kangoo T1, Renault Kangoo ZE T1|
|Tata||Tata Indica, Tata Tigor|
|Toyota||Toyota Prius (Toyota Prius models manufactured on and before 2016)|
Please contact us if your vehicle is not listed or match your vehicle socket to the photos above.
Please check that the charging socket of your motorcycle matches the photos above to confirm that this charging cable is compatible.
|BMW Motorrad||BMW C Evolution|
|Energica Motorrad||Energica Eva, Energica Ego|
|Victory Motorrad||Victory Empulse TT|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +