Type 2 to Type 2 Charging Cable 32A 3M 5M 10M. Charges up to 7.4kW
Type 2 32A EV charging cable / connectors. 1 Phase, 7,4kW
Type 2 EV charging cable to connect your hybrid vehicle or electric car, motorbike or van to an EV charging station or to a charging point installed at your home or office. With this Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable you can charge your electric vehicle with up to 7,4kW, depending on the vehicle battery and the charging station you use. We supply quality EV charger cables, available to buy for all electric vehicle types and backed by a 2 year warranty.
- Mode 3 EV charger compatible with 16A and 32A plugin-in EV and hybrid vehicles.
- Ergonomically designed, secure locking plugs.
- CE , TUV, UL standard tested and approved.
This 32A Type 2 7kW EV charging cable will be compatible with home/office charging units and the public charging stations you will find at service stations and on the street, i.e Mode 3 Type 2 sockets. Please note that these charging cables cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable.
The 1 Phase 32A charging cable will charge up to 7,4kW and can be safely used with Hybrid vehicles that only charge up to 3,3kW for example. Your vehicle will communicate with the charging station and draw the correct amount of power that a.) the charging cable can and b.) the vehicle can accept.
If your vehicle has an on board charger that is capable of 11kW AC charging or greater, then a 16A 3 Phase charging cable or 32A 3 Phase charging cable is likely to be more suitable. Electric and Hybrid vehicles that charge over 7kW may also benefit from 3 Phase charging. Some BEV / PHEV models have a battery that can only charge to full capacity if a 3 Phase cable is used. Charging at a 1 Phase 32A charging point for example will only provide up to 3,7kW power when using a 1 Phase 32A cable.
If you are unsure which plug type is required for charging your electric vehicle, or whether your EV is compatible with other chargers such as 3 Phase and portable charging, then please use Find My EV Charger and select the make of your electric vehicle or consult your vehicle handbook, which may recommend the correct type of charging cable for your vehicle.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Verify that the charging cable is compatible with your EV. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable plug to your vehicle socket.
- This cable cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. If a charging cable is already connected to a charging point, then this cable cannot be used to extend the length by daisy-chaining them together. The cable can only be used with the open socket of a charging point.
- Make sure that the length of the charging cable is suitable for your charging requirements. If you are using a public charging station, we recommend a length of 5 meters as it is not always possible to park so that the vehicle socket is near side to the charging station. If you are using the cable with a Wall charger at home or at an office, measure the length required to reach the vehicle socket.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a charging cable.
- This charging cable is compatible with AC charging stations commonly found in supermarkets, retail parks, on the street, and wall chargers typically installed outside a home or office. It is not a DC fast charging cable, also known as CCS and CHAdeMO. You do not need to buy a cable to use fast charging stations, as they are already connected to the charging station.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
We recommend hi-vis green cables. Due to the prolonged charging times required, EV charging cables can get in the way and be a trip hazard. Charging at public charging stations, on your driveway or even in your garage means that your EV chargers are left as a possible obstacle, especially in the dark. It is recommended that you select the high visibility green cables, where available, to help minimise the risk of accidents.
If you would like an EV charger to plug in to a domestic or industrial socket please browse our range of CEE and 3 pin portable EV chargers.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|Type 2 32A EV Charger Specifications|
|EV charger type||Type 2 to Type 2 (IEC 62196-2 to 62196-2) single phase connectors|
|Cable lengths available||3M, 5M, 10M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP44 grade|
|Rated current||32A / 230V - up to 7.4kW (also compatible with 16 amp electric vehicles)|
|Operating temperature||-30℃ to 50℃|
|Cable thickness||3G 6.0mm + 2 x 0.5mm|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
Please use the rubber cover for your connectors when not in use and store the charging cable in a dry place. The EV connector plug can collect moisture and it will not work if it senses moisture.
Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable compatible with the following EV's
|Audi||Audi Q4 e-tron, Audi Q6 e-tron, Audi e-tron Sportback, Audi e-tron GT, Audi A3 TFSI e, Audi A6 TFSI e, Audi A7 TFSI e, Audi A8 TFSI e, Audi Q5 TFSI e, Audi Q7 TFSI e, Audi Q8 TFSI e|
|BMW||BMW 225xe, BMW 320e, BMW 330e, BMW 520e, BMW 530e, BMW 745e, BMW i3, BMW i4, BMW i7, BMW i8, BMW iX, BMW iX1, BMW iX3,BMW X1 xDrive25e, BMW X2 xDrive25e, BMW X3 xDrive25e, BMW X5 xDrive25e|
|BYD||BYD e6, BYD Tang|
|Citroen||Citroen C4, Citroen Berlingo (Manufactured From 2021), Citroen Dispatch, Citroen Jumpy, Citroen eC4, Citroen C5 Aircross, Citroen Spacetourer|
|Cupra||Cupra Born, Cupra Formentor, Cupra Leon|
|DS||DS 3 Crossback E-Tense, DS 4 E-Tense, DS 7 Crossback E-Tense|
|Fiat||Fiat 500 (manufactured from 2021)|
|Ford||Ford Kuga PHEV, Ford Mustang MACH-E, Ford Transit Custom Van, Ford Tourneo Custom Van|
|Hyundai||Hyundai Ioniq, Hyundai Kona, Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid, Hyundai Tucson Hybrid|
|Jaguar||Jaguar e-Pace, Jaguar f-Pace, Jaguar i-Pace|
|Kia||Kia eNiro, Kia EV6, Kia Ceed, Kia Optima, Kia Niro, Kia Sorento, Kia Soul 2020+, Kia Sportage, Kia Xceed,|
|Land Rover||Land Rover Defender, Land Rover Discovery, All Range Rover models|
|LEVC||LEVC TX, LEVC TX5, LEVC LCV|
|Lexus||Lexus NX, Lexus UX|
|Mahindra||Mahindra e20, Mahindra eVerito|
|Maxus||Maxus eDeliver 3, Maxus eDeliver 9|
|MG||MG4, MG5, MG HS, MG ZS|
|Mercedes||Mercedes A 250e, Mercedes B Class E-Cell, Mercedes C 300e, Mercedes C 350e, Mercedes E 300e, Mercedes E 350e, Mercedes EQA, Mercedes EQB, Mercedes EQC, Mercedes EQE, Mercedes EQS, Mercedes EQV, Mercedes GLA, Mercedes GLC, Mercedes GLE, Mercedes GLS, Mercedes S 500, Mercedes S 560, Mercedes SLS 500, Mercedes Sprinter Van, Mercedes Vito Van|
|Mini||Mini Countryman, Mini Electric|
|Nissan||Nissan Ariya, Nissan Leaf (Leaf manufactured from 2018 and on)|
|Peugeot||Peugeot e-208, Peugeot e-2008, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 308, Peugeot 508, Peugeot e-Rifter, Peugeot e-Traveller|
|Polestar||Polestar 2, Polestar 3|
|Porsche||Porsche 918 Spyder, Porsche Panamera Hybrid, Porsche Macan, Porsche Panamera Hybrid, Porsche Taycan|
|Range Rover / Land Rover||Range Rover P300e, Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar, All Land Rover models|
|Renault||Renault Captur, Renault Clio E-tech, Renault Kangoo (Type 2 socket), Renault Kangoo ZE (Type 2 socket), Renault Master van, Renault Megane, Renault Zoe (All models manufactured from 2012 and on)|
|Seat||Seat el-Born, Seat Leon, Seat Minimo, Seat Mii electric, Seat Tarraco|
|Skoda||Skoda Citigo, Skoda Enyaq, Skoda Octavia, Skoda Superb, Skoda Vision|
|Tesla||Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model Y|
|Toyota||Toyota bZ4X, Toyota Prius (Toyota Prius manufactured from 2017 and on), Toyota Proace, Toyota RAV4|
|Vauxhall||Vauxhall Ampera e (from 2019), Vauxhall Combo e, Vauxhall Corsa e, Vauxhall Grandland, Vauxhall Mokka e, Vauxhall Vivaro e, Vauxhall Zafira e|
|Volvo||Volvo C30, Volvo C40, Volvo S60, Volvo S90, Volvo V60, Volvo V90, Volvo XC40, Volvo XC40 recharge, Volvo XC60, Volvo XC90|
|VW||VW e-Golf, VW e-Up, VW Golf GTE, VW ID3, VW ID4, VW ID5, VW ID Buzz, VW Passat GTE, VW Touareg|
Please contact us if your Type 2 vehicle is not listed, or match your vehicle socket to the photos above.
This charging cable will charge the following Type 2 socket electric motorcycles.
|Energica Eva EsseEsse, Harley-Davidson Livewire, Zero SR|
Please contact us if your e-bike is not listed, or match the charging socket of your bike to the photos above.
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i4 Charging Cables
- BMW i7 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW iX1 Charging Cables
- BMW iX3 Charging Cables
- BMW X1 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables 2021+
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables to 2019
- Citroen C-Zero Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 Aircross Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 X Hybrid Charging Cables
- Citroen Dispatch Charging Cables
- Citroen e-C4 Charging Cables
- Citroen Jumpy Charging Cables
- Citroen SpaceTourer Charging Cables
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQE Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQS Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eSprinter Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLA 250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Peugeot 3008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 308 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 508 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Expert Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Rifter Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Traveller Charging Cables
- Peugeot e2008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e208 Charging Cables
- Peugeot Ion Charging Cables
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 1 Socket
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 2 Socket
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +