Type 1 to Type 2 EV Charging Cable 16A For Charging Station / Wall Charger
SAE J1772 to 62196-2 (Type 1 to type 2 plugs) 16A EV charger cable
Type 1 to Type 2 Mode 3, Level 2 EV charging cable to connect your hybrid vehicle or electric car, motorbike or van to an EV charging station or to a charging point installed at your home or office. The Type 1 Female plug fits into your vehicle and the Type 2 Male plug fits into the charging unit. We supply quality EV charger cables for all electric vehicle types backed by a 2 year warranty.
- Level 2 16A EV charger compatible with EV and hybrid vehicles.
- Ergonomically designed, secure locking plugs.
- CE , TUV, UL standard tested and approved.
This Type 1 to Type 2 16A EV Charging Cable & Plugs will be compatible with home/office charging units and the public charging stations you will find at service stations and on the street, i.e Mode 3 Type 2 sockets. Please note that these charging cables cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. If you have a vehicle with 7kw on board charging then we would recommend using a 32A fast charging cable available.
Please check your vehicle handbook to ensure that the cable is suitable to use. If you are unsure which plug type is required for charging your electric vehicle, then please use Find My EV Charger and select the make of your electric vehicle.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Verify that the charging cable is compatible with your EV. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable plug to your vehicle socket.
- This cable cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. If a charging cable is already connected to a charging point, then this cable cannot be used to extend the length by daisy-chaining them together. The cable can only be used with the open socket of a charging point.
- Make sure that the length of the charging cable is suitable for your charging requirements. If you are using a public charging station, we recommend a length of 5 meters as it is not always possible to park so that the vehicle socket is near side to the charging station. If you are using the cable with a Wall charger at home or at an office, measure the length required to reach the vehicle socket.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a charging cable.
- This charging cable is compatible with AC charging stations commonly found in supermarkets, retail parks, on the street, and wall chargers typically installed outside a home or office. It is not a DC fast charging cable, also known as CCS and CHAdeMO. You do not need to buy a cable to use fast charging stations, as they are already connected to the charging station.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
We recommend hi-vis green cables. Due to the prolonged charging times required, EV charging cables can get in the way and be a trip hazard. Charging at public charging stations, on your driveway or even in your garage means that your EV chargers are left as a possible obstacle, especially in the dark. It is recommended that you select the high visibility green cables, where available, to help minimise the risk of accidents.
This Type 1 to Type 2 16A EV cable is compatible with the on-board charging capacity of most 3KW and 7KW electric vehicles. You can also use our Find My Charger page to locate your vehicle and check to see what EV cables are available to buy for your vehicle. Although our cables are suitable for most plug-in electric and hybrid vehicles, please always consult your vehicle manual to make sure that you do not require a specific 16A cable with your EV.
If you would like an EV charger to plug in to a domestic or industrial socket please browse our range of CEE and 3 pin portable EV chargers.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|Type 1 16A EV Charger Specifications|
|EV charger type||Type 1 to Type 2 (SAE J1772 to 62196-2) single phase connectors|
|Cable lengths available||3M, 5M, 10M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP44 grade|
|Rated current||16 amp|
|Operating temperature||-30℃ to 50℃|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
Please use the rubber cover for your connectors when not in use and store the charging cable in a dry place. The EV connector plug can collect moisture and it will not work if it senses moisture.
This Type 1 to Type 2 charging cable is compatible with the following EV's
|Citroen||Citroen Berlingo, Citroen C-Zero|
|Ford||Ford C-Max, Ford Focus Electric|
|Kia||Kia Soul 2017-2019|
|Mitsubishi||Mitsubishi i-Miev, Mitsubishi Outlander|
|Nissan||Nissan Leaf (Nissan Leaf models manufactured on and before 2017), Nissan NV200|
|Peugeot||Peugeot Ion, Peugeot Partner Van|
|Renault||Renault Fluence, Renault Kangoo T1, Renault Kangoo ZE T1|
|Tata||Tata Indica, Tata Tigor|
|Toyota||Toyota Prius (Toyota Prius models manufactured on and before 2016)|
Please contact us if your vehicle is not listed or match your vehicle socket to the photos above.
Please check that the charging socket of your motorcycle matches the photos above to confirm that this charging cable is compatible.
|BMW Motorrad||BMW C Evolution|
|Energica Motorrad||Energica Eva, Energica Ego|
|Victory Motorrad||Victory Empulse TT|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i4 Charging Cables
- BMW i7 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW iX1 Charging Cables
- BMW iX3 Charging Cables
- BMW X1 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables 2021+
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables to 2019
- Citroen C-Zero Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 Aircross Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 X Hybrid Charging Cables
- Citroen Dispatch Charging Cables
- Citroen e-C4 Charging Cables
- Citroen Jumpy Charging Cables
- Citroen SpaceTourer Charging Cables
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQE Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQS Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eSprinter Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLA 250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Peugeot 3008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 308 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 508 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Expert Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Rifter Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Traveller Charging Cables
- Peugeot e2008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e208 Charging Cables
- Peugeot Ion Charging Cables
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 1 Socket
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 2 Socket
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +