Type 2 to Type 2 3 PHASE Charging Cable 16A / 11kW 3M 5M 10M
Type 2 3 Phase charging cable 16 Amp / 11kW
Type 2 3 Phase EV charging cable to connect your hybrid vehicle or electric car, motorbike or van to an EV charging station or to a charging point installed at your home or office. Our 3 Phase chargers are compatible with Mode 3 charging, i.e. if your hybrid or electric vehicle does not support the charging capacity of 3 Phase charging then the cable will still charge at the maximum charging capacity that your EV allows. For example, an electric vehicle that has a battery capable of drawing 7kW power will only accept 7kW power from a 3 Phase cable. Our 3 Phase charging cables are backed by a 2 year warranty.
- Mode 3 EV charging cable compatible with 16A and 32A EV and hybrid vehicles.
- Ergonomically designed, secure locking plugs.
- CE , TUV, UL standard tested and approved.
This 3 Phase charging cable is enabled for faster charging and is capable of charging up to 11KW, 16 amps. You can use this cable to charge at any 1 Phase or 3 Phase charging station as the Mode 3 charging units are designed to ensure that the cable draws the correct current. However, if you use this 3 Phase 16A charging cable with a 1 Phase 32A charging point, a home wall charger for example, then the cable will only provide up to 3,7kW. We would therefore recommend the 32A 3 Phase charging cable if you are going to use a 1 Phase 32A charging point regularly, as this will allow up to 7,4kW.
This Type 2 3 Phase Charging Cable & Plugs will therefore be compatible with Mode 3 home and office charging units and the public charging stations you will find at service stations and on the street.
3 Phase charging is generally more suitable for pure electric vehicles and, although still compatible, may not benefit vehicles that can only charge up to 7kW. If you are unsure whether a 3 phase charging cable is compatible with your EV, then please use Find My EV Charger and select the make and model of your electric vehicle. Or consult your vehicle handbook to see if a 2 Phase or 3 Phase charging cable is recommended.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Verify that the charging cable is compatible with your EV. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable plug to your vehicle socket.
- This cable cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. If a charging cable is already connected to a charging point, then this cable cannot be used to extend the length by daisy-chaining them together. The cable can only be used with the open socket of a charging point.
- Make sure that the length of the charging cable is suitable for your charging requirements. If you are using a public charging station, we recommend a length of 5 meters as it is not always possible to park so that the vehicle socket is near side to the charging station. If you are using the cable with a Wall charger at home or at an office, measure the length required to reach the vehicle socket.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a charging cable.
- This charging cable is compatible with AC charging stations commonly found in supermarkets, retail parks, on the street, and wall chargers typically installed outside a home or office. It is not a DC fast charging cable, also known as CCS and CHAdeMO. You do not need to buy a cable to use fast charging stations, as they are already connected to the charging station.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
We recommend hi-vis green cables. EV charging cables can get in the way and be a trip hazard. Charging at public charging stations, on your driveway or even in your garage means that your EV cables are left as a possible obstacle, especially in the dark. It is recommended that you select the high visibility green cables, where available, to help minimise the risk of accidents.
If you would like an EV charger to plug in to a domestic or industrial socket please browse our range of CEE and 3 pin portable EV chargers. For 7kw charging cables please see our range of Type 2 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|Type 2 3 Phase Cable Specifications|
|3 Phase charger type||Type 2 to Type 2 (IEC 62196-2 to 62196-2) 3 phase connectors|
|Cable lengths available||3M, 5M, 10M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP44 grade|
|Rated current||16A / 400V - for up to 11KW charging|
|Operating temperature||-30℃ to 50℃|
|Cable thickness||5G 2.5mm + 2 x 0.5mm|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
Please use the rubber cover for your connectors when not in use and store the charging cable in a dry place. The EV connector plug can collect moisture and it will not work if it senses moisture.
Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable compatible with the following EV's
|Audi||Audi Q4 e-tron, Audi Q6 e-tron, Audi e-tron Sportback, Audi e-tron GT, Audi A3 TFSI e, Audi A6 TFSI e, Audi A7 TFSI e, Audi A8 TFSI e, Audi Q5 TFSI e, Audi Q7 TFSI e, Audi Q8 TFSI e|
|BMW||BMW 225xe, BMW 330e, BMW 530e, BMW 745e, BMW X1 xDrive25e, BMW X2 xDrive25e, BMW X3 xDrive25e, BMW X5 xDrive25e, BMW i3, BMW i3s, BMW i4, BMW i8, BMW iX, BMW iX3|
|Citroen||Citroen C4, Citroen EC4, Citroen C5 Aircross, Citroen Spacetourer|
|DS||DS 3 Crossback E-Tense, DS 7 Crossback E-Tense|
|Fiat||Fiat 500 (manufactured from 2021)|
|Ford||Ford Kuga PHEV, Ford Mustang MACH-E|
|Hyundai||Hyundai Ioniq, Hyundai Kona|
|Jaguar||Jaguar e-Pace, Jaguar f-Pace, Jaguar i-Pace|
|Kia||Kia EV6, Kia Ceed, Kia Optima, Kia Niro, Kia Sorento, Kia Soul 2020+, Kia Xceed,|
|LEVC||LEVC TX, LEVC TX5, LEVC LCV|
|Lexus||Lexus UX 300e|
|MG||MG5, MG HS, MG ZS|
|Mercedes||Mercedes A 250e, Mercedes B Class E-Cell, Mercedes C 300e, Mercedes C 350e, Mercedes E 300e, Mercedes E 350e, Mercedes EQA, Mercedes EQB, Mercedes EQC, Mercedes EQS, Mercedes EQV, Mercedes GLC 300e, Mercedes GLC, Mercedes GLE, Mercedes GLS, Mercedes S 500, Mercedes S 560, Mercedes SLS 500, Mercedes Vito Van|
|Mini||Mini Countryman, Mini Electric|
|Nissan||Nissan Ariya, Nissan Leaf (Leaf manufactured from 2018 and on)|
|Peugeot||Peugeot e-208, Peugeot e-2008, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 508, Peugeot e-Rifter, Peugeot e-Traveller|
|Porsche||Porsche 918 Spyder, Porsche Panamera Hybrid, Porsche Macan, Porsche Panamera Hybrid, Porsche Taycan|
|Range Rover||Range Rover P300e, Range Rover Defender, Range Rover Discovery, Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar|
|Renault||Renault Captur, Renault Clio E-tech, Renault Kangoo (Type 2 socket), Renault Kangoo ZE (Type 2 socket), Renault Master ZE, Renault Megane, Renault Zoe (All models manufactured from 2012 and on)|
|Seat||Seat el-Born, Seat Leon, Seat Minimo, Seat Mii electric|
|Skoda||Skoda Citigo, Skoda Enyaq, Skoda Octavia, Skoda Superb, Skoda Vision|
|Tesla||Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model Y|
|Toyota||Toyota Prius (Toyota Prius manufactured from 2017 and on)|
|Vauxhall||Vauxhall Ampera (from 2019), Vauxhall Corsa E, Vauxhall Grandland, Vauxhall Mokka, Vauxhall Vivaro|
|Volvo||Volvo C30, Volvo S60, Volvo S90, Volvo V60, Volvo V90, Volvo XC40, Volvo XC40 recharge, Volvo XC60, Volvo XC90|
|VW||VW e-Golf, VW e-Up, VW Golf GTE, VW ID3, VW ID4, VW Passat GTE|
Please contact us if your Type 2 vehicle is not listed, or match your vehicle socket to the photos above.
This charging cable will charge the following motorcycles. Please match your charging socket to the above photos to confirm
|Zero Motorbike||Zero SR, Zero SR/F|
Please contact us if your e-bike is not listed, or match the charging socket of your bike to the photos above.
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +