Ford Compatible 3 PHASE Charging Cable & Plugs 11KW. Type 2 to Type 2
Type 2 Ford Compatible 3 PHASE Charging Cable 16 Amp, 11kW
3 Phase EV charging cable with secure locking plugs to connect your Type 2 Ford to an EV charging station or to a home or office charging point. Our 3 Phase Ford chargers are backed by a 2 year warranty.
This 3 Phase charger can charge up to 11kw, dependent upon the charging capacity of the vehicle and charging point, which enables so-called fast charging. The 3 Phase cable is capable of being used with 11kw 16A and 22kw 32A 3 Phase charging stations. You can also use this cable to charge at any 1 Phase charging station as the Mode 3 charging units are designed to ensure that the cable draws the correct current. However, if you use this 3 Phase 16A charging cable with a 1 Phase 32A charging point, a home wall charger for example, then the cable will only provide up to 3,7kW. We would therefore recommend the 32A 3 Phase charging cable if you are going to use a 1 Phase 32A charging point regularly, as this will allow up to 7,4kW.
This Type 2 3 Phase Charging Cable & Plugs will therefore be compatible with Mode 3 office / home charging units and the public charging stations you will find at service stations and on the street.
This charging cable is compatible with the vehicles below. This list is updated so if you do not see your vehicle, please check your handbook or check that your vehicle socket matches the images above:
Do I need a 3 phase charging cable?
Unless your vehicle is a pure electric vehicle then the likelihood is you will not be able to benefit from the faster charging times of a 3 phase charging cable. Hybrid vehicles have smaller batteries that provide less range and therefore have less charging capacity, the usual being around 3kw and the higher capacity models reaching around 7kw. So although you may still be able to use a 3 phase cable - select your make of Ford EV to see if the 3 Phase charger is available to buy - you will not benefit from fast charging as it will only charge up to the maximum charging capacity that your electric vehicle can handle. The general rule is that if you own a pure electric vehicle (BEV), you will benefit from owning a 3 Phase charging cable. Please note, most charge points are designed to supply power at the maximum charging rate of your vehicle. If your vehicle can only accept 7kW power then the charging station will only deliver up to 7Kw through this charging cable.
For pure electric vehicles, charging capacity can be 11kw or 22kw via the Type 2 AC socket, which means that they will benefit from using a 3 Phase charging cable compared to a 1 Phase charging cable. Electric vehicles and Hybrids that charge to 7kW capacity may also require more than 1 Phase power to achieve full charging capacity. Please consult your vehicle handbook to see if a 2 or 3 Phase charging cable is recommended.
Can I buy a rapid charging cable?
Rapid charging cables are capable of providing between 25 kW and 350 kW of power. If your electric vehicle has a CCS socket (Type 2 vehicles) or CHAdeMO socket (Type 1 vehicles) then it is capable of rapid charging. These charging cables are predominately available at public charging points and the cables are attached to the charging station, so you will therefore not need to buy a rapid charging cable.
Is this a Mennekes™ charging cable?
The Type 2 EV connector plug was originally proposed by Mennekes leading to the Type 2 plug being widely known as the Mennekes plug. Although this is not a Mennekes branded cable or Mennekes branded plug, the EV connector / plug is the same design type as the one proposed by Mennekes. If your vehicle is a Type 2 to Type 2 then the Type 2 Female plug will fit into the vehicle inlet and the Type 2 male plug into charging station. If your EV is Type 1 to Type 2, the Type 1 Female plug will fit into the vehicle inlet and the Type 2 male plug will fit into the socket of a charging station.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Verify that the charging cable is compatible with your EV. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable plug to your vehicle socket.
- This cable cannot be used to adapt or extend an existing charging cable. If a charging cable is already connected to a charging point, then this cable cannot be used to extend the length by daisy-chaining them together. The cable can only be used with the open socket of a charging point.
- Make sure that the length of the charging cable is suitable for your charging requirements. If you are using a public charging station, we recommend a length of 5 meters as it is not always possible to park so that the vehicle socket is near side to the charging station. If you are using the cable with a Wall charger at home or at an office, measure the length required to reach the vehicle socket.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a charging cable.
- This charging cable is compatible with AC charging stations commonly found in supermarkets, retail parks, on the street, and wall chargers typically installed outside a home or office. It is not a DC fast charging cable, also known as CCS and CHAdeMO. You do not need to buy a cable to use fast charging stations, as they are already connected to the charging station.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
We recommend the hi-vis colour for your Ford charger
Due to the charging times required, Mode 3 EV charging cables can become an obstruction when the EV connectors are left between your vehicle and the charge point. Charging at public charge points, on your driveway or even in your garage means that your EV chargers are left as a possible obstacle, especially in the dark. Please be careful if leaving your EV charging cables lying around. High visibility charging cables are recommended to help minimise the risk of accidents.
If you would like an EV charger to plug in your Ford EV to a domestic or industrial socket please browse our range of CEE and 3 pin portable EV chargers. For 7kw charging cables please see our range of Type 2 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|Ford EV Charging, 3 Phase Cable Specifications|
|EV charger type||Type 2 to Type 2 (IEC 62196-2 to 62196-2) 3 phase connectors|
|Cable lengths available||3M, 5M, 10M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP44 grade|
|Rated current||16A / 400V - for up to 11KW charging|
|Cable thickness||5G 2.5mm2 + 1 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
Please use the rubber cover for your connectors when not in use and store the charging cable in a dry place. The EV connector plug can collect moisture and it will not work if it senses moisture.
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
Which Cable For My EV?
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW X1, X2, X3, X5 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables -
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +