Ford Portable / Home Charger 16A Euro Schuko Plug - Type 1 Plug
Type 1 Plug (J1772) Ford Portable Charger 16 Amp
Type 1 Ford compatible portable charger that will charge your Ford PHEV/BEV at your home or office using a 2 pin Schuko plug, for up to 3,7kW power. Our Ford portable chargers (also known as a home socket charger) are suitable for charging your Ford electric vehicle / hybrid / PHEV anywhere there is a 2 pin Euro / Schuko (Type F) socket. Connect the Type 1 (J1772) plug into your Ford electric vehicle for 16 amp charging. These Ford home chargers are backed by a 1 year warranty. Should you need the Type 2 version of this portable charger then please go to our Type 2 home charger with 2 pin Schuko plug. To view all of our Ford charging cables please visit our Ford chargers page.
Specifications for charging plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles are continually updated but, to date, our portable chargers can be used with the following Ford plug-in vehicles. We recommend that you refer to your EV handbook to ensure that it does not require a specific charging cable, or contact us if your electric vehicle is not listed:
This portable charger has several safeguards for added protection while charging:
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Device PCB Overheat Protection.
- Lightning Protection.
- Overcurrent Protection
- Waterproof IP55.
The 2 pin Schuko plug portable / home charger can be used in any country that supports the 2 pin Euro plug. This portable charger is not manufactured by Ford. Please read your manufacturer handbook or consult your vehicle dealer to check whether you should be using a specific charger with your vehicle. Charging your Ford vehicle using a 3 pin charging cable causes a high load on the circuit and 3 pin chargers are therefore only recommended for occasional use. Please ensure that the socket is checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that the power outlet is suitable for charging your vehicle and is protected against the causes of overheating. We also recommend that you use a dedicated Type B RCBO socket installed by a qualified electrician. Do not plug the charger into an extension cord or adapter. Please read the user and safety instructions included with this charger before using it. If you do not receive this information, please contact us.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your vehicle. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable to your vehicle.
- Make sure that the length of the cable is sufficient to reach the charging socket of your vehicle. We recommend allowing at least half a metre so that the cable is not overstretched.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a 3 pin charging cable.
- Please check with your manufacturer or dealer to confirm that a Fixed 10A charger is suitable for your vehicle. Your dealer may recommend that your EV needs a charging cable that can adjust the charging current. We stock charging cables that can vary the current between 6A to 10A if this is the case.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
If you would like a Level 2 16A or 32A EV charger that connects from a charging station to your EV, browse our range of Type 1 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|2-pin / CEE Portable Charger Specifications|
|Portable EV charger type||2-pin Schuko to Type 1 (J1772) plug|
|Cable lengths available||5M, 8M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP55 grade|
|Rated current||16 amps - up to 3.7kW|
|Operating voltage||Up to 250v|
|Cable thickness||3G 2.5mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE certified|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
Which Cable For My EV?
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW X1, X2, X3, X5 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables -
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +