Type 2 to Schuko Charging Cable. Variable Amp 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A, 16A. 2 Pin Plug
Type 2 EVSE Portable Charger Variable 6 amps, 8 amps, 10 amps, 12 amps and 16 amps
Charge your Type 2 electric vehicle at your home, office or anywhere that has a 2 pin Schuko (Type F) socket. Our portable chargers (also known as a granny charger or home charger) are compatible with electric and hybrid vehicles of 3kw (16A) and above charging capacity and have variable charging to enable charging your EV at either 6 amps, 8 amps, 10 amps, 12 amps or 16 amps for faster or slower 'trickle' charging. Our home chargers are backed by a 1 year warranty.
You should only charge at the full capacity that the charger is capable of dependent upon the suitability of the power outlet, otherwise it may present a risk of thermal damage to your socket. Please ensure that your socket has been checked by a qualified electrician to assess the suitability of charging your vehicle using a mains socket and is protected against causes of overheating. For mains socket charging we recommend a dedicated Type B RCBO socket. Please ensure that the device is plugged directly and fully into the socket, do not use an extension lead with this device.
Multiple safeguards are built in with this portable charger to protect against damage to the vehicle, outlet and charger whilst charging:
- Overvoltage Protection.
- Undervoltage Protection.
- Lightning Protection.
- Waterproof IP55.
- PCB Temperature Sensor.
- Device PCB Overheat Protection.
- Leakage Protection.
- Overcurrent Protection.
This portable charging unit is the 2 pin Schuko plug (Type F) version, so it can be used in any country that supports the 2 pin Schuko plug such as Geremany and France.
What is the benefit of variable charging?
Adjustable amp settings are required for some electric vehicles that will only accept a lower amp setting, for example 10A. Charging your vehicle with a low amp setting also benefits from lower power consumption, which can result in savings on electricity costs. A lower amp setting will also cause less load on the mains circuit, this is important if you use a socket that is sharing a circuit with other appliances - we recommend using a socket that has its own circuit / spur. Using an adjustable amp setting may also be more suitable for solar powered charging when lower power consumption is required. The portable chargers will stop charging the battery of your electric vehicle once it has reached full charge.
The length it will take to recharge the battery for your hybrid / electric vehicle will depend on the battery that your vehicle is equipped with. Using your socket to charge regularly over long durations can cause thermal damage if the socket / wiring is not suitable.
Charging cable checklist
To ensure that the cable you purchase is right for you, please read the following checklist:
- Make sure the charging cable is compatible with your vehicle. The photos at the top of the page show you what the pins in the connectors look like so you can match the cable to your vehicle.
- Make sure that the length of the cable is sufficient to reach the charging socket of your vehicle. We recommend allowing at least half a metre so that the cable is not overstretched.
- If you do not have your electric vehicle yet, please check with the manufacturer or dealer / seller to confirm if it is already equipped with a 3 pin charging cable.
If in doubt, please contact us via our contact page.
How to use the variable EV charger
Please read the safety information in the user manual included with this charger before using it. If you do not receive this information, please contact us. Plug the device into into the power outlet and switch on. The required ampere setting can be selected by touching the device with the supplied RFID tag or by double clicking the button icon. Select the ampere setting to match the Ampage of your power outlet. Connect the vehicle charging plug to your Type 2 EV. After 1 minute or once you plug the EV connector into the car, the setting is 'locked in' and will be remembered the next time you use it. To change the setting, repeat the above procedure. Your vehicle software will communicate with the device and only draw the maximum amount of power that the battery can accept.
If you would like a Mode 3 charger that connects from a charging station to your EV, browse our range of Type 2 charging cables.
For trade enquiries or bulk purchases please contact us for a quote on our Trade Enquiries page.
|EVSE Portable Charger Specifications|
|EV charger type||2-pin Schuko plug to Type 2 (IEC 62196-2) connectors|
|Cable lengths available||5M, 8M|
|IP grade||Waterproof and dust proof to IP55 grade|
|Rated current||6 amps, 8 amps, 10 amps, 12 amps and 16 amps|
|Operating voltage||110 - 240v|
|Cable thickness||3G 2.5mm2 + 2 x 0.5mm2|
|Certification||TUV, CE and IEC tested|
- Delivery / Returns
- EV Cables Warranty
- Which Cable For My EV? +
- Audi Charging Cables +
- BMW Charging Cables +
- BMW 225XE Charging Cables
- BMW 320e Charging Cables
- BMW 330e Charging Cables
- BMW 520e Charging Cables
- BMW 530e Charging Cables
- BMW 745e Charging Cables
- BMW i3 Charging Cables
- BMW i4 Charging Cables
- BMW i7 Charging Cables
- BMW i8 Charging Cables
- BMW iX Charging Cables
- BMW iX1 Charging Cables
- BMW iX3 Charging Cables
- BMW X1 Charging Cables
- BMW X2 Charging Cables
- BMW X3 Charging Cables
- BMW X5 Charging Cables
- Chevrolet Charging Cables +
- Citroen Charging Cables +
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables 2021+
- Citroen Berlingo Charging Cables to 2019
- Citroen C-Zero Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 Aircross Charging Cables
- Citroen C5 X Hybrid Charging Cables
- Citroen Dispatch Charging Cables
- Citroen e-C4 Charging Cables
- Citroen Jumpy Charging Cables
- Citroen SpaceTourer Charging Cables
- DS Charging Cables +
- Ford Charging Cables +
- Honda Charging Cables +
- Hyundai Charging Cables +
- Jaguar Charging Cables +
- Jeep Charging Cables +
- Kia Charging Cables +
- LEVC Charging Cables +
- Mazda Charging Cables +
- Mercedes Charging Cables +
- Mercedes A250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes B250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes C350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes E350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQA Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQB Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQC Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQE Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQS Charging Cables
- Mercedes EQV Charging Cables
- Mercedes eSprinter Charging Cables
- Mercedes eVito Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLA 250e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLC 300e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 350e Charging Cables
- Mercedes GLE 500e Charging Cables
- Mercedes S500 PHEV Charging Cables
- Mercedes S560e Charging Cables
- MG Charging Cables +
- Mini Charging Cables +
- Mitsubishi Charging Cables +
- Nissan Charging Cables +
- Peugeot Charging Cables +
- Peugeot 3008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 308 Charging Cables
- Peugeot 508 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Expert Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Rifter Charging Cables
- Peugeot e-Traveller Charging Cables
- Peugeot e2008 Charging Cables
- Peugeot e208 Charging Cables
- Peugeot Ion Charging Cables
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 1 Socket
- Peugeot Partner Charging Cables Type 2 Socket
- Porsche Charging Cables +
- Range Rover Charging Cables +
- Renault Charging Cables +
- Seat Charging Cables +
- Skoda Charging Cables +
- Smart Car Charging Cables +
- Tesla Charging Cables +
- Toyota Charging Cables +
- Vauxhall Charging Cables +
- Volvo Charging Cables +
- VW Charging Cables +